This request form is provided for residents that are planning to be away for an extended time and have MPD officers check the listed address periodically on a random basis during their patrols.
All requests will be processed as soon as possible after being received. This form should be completed and returned to MPD at least seven days prior to your scheduled absence.
This form should be completed by the homeowner or legal caretaker of the listed address.
An officer will contact you to verify your request form was received, properly completed, and placed on the appropriate patrol request log.
If you are returning to the listed address before your scheduled return date indicated on the form, please contact MPD at (318) 329-2600 to cancel the patrol request.
The attached form should be completed according to the following instructions:
- Select “Vacation Watch Request” or “Extra Patrol Request” in the appropriate checkbox provided.
- Enter the full name of the homeowner or legal caretaker for the listed address to be checked.
- Enter the primary phone number of the above-named person. This should be a phone number that this person can be called while away from the listed address, such as a cellular telephone or vacation house number. Please include the area code with the number you are providing.
- Enter an alternate phone number of the above-named person. This could be a spouse’s cellular telephone or a phone work number; again, please include the area code for that number as well.
- Enter the starting date and time in which MPD should begin checking the listed address. Please select AM or PM for the time.
- Enter the ending date and time for the patrol request to end. Please select AM or PM for the time.
- For the “Alternate Local Contact Information”, select a person that could respond to the listed address if needed. Please include the area code with any phone numbers provided.
- In the “Special Instructions” section, provide any details about the listed address, such as whether any vehicles will be left, any lights on inside the location, or similar information that would be beneficial to officers.
This form can be emailed to email@example.com or printed out to be returned to the front desk of MPD at 700 Wood Street.